If you are new to paintball and have been playing with only field gear then you may be getting to a point where you would like to purchase your first marker package. If so this will typically be a very budget oriented marker set to allow you to customize and learn a marker instead of the field rental.
What Is the Best Paintball Gun Package Under 200? The best option when looking at a sub-two hundred dollar cost is going to be the Maddog Tippmann Gryphon FX package. This is due to coming with a HPA, or high-pressure air, instead of a CO2 air system that works far more reliably at all temperatures and is cheaper to refill.
The Tippmann brand has been around for decades and has been reliable for just as long, for a first package this will do you good and allow for learning. If you can stretch your budget the additional listed Azodin Blitz 3 which goes for a little more could lengthen the life of this initial gear.
Best Marker Packages Under 200
I felt the need to include one marker that was over the threshold because of the value in the marker and combo. I made sure to mark out both and would be happy with any of the above choices as a first package to get my paintball hobby kicked into high gear!
Also, you can safely choose your marker knowing that the FPS of all players is the same, just because your marker is less expensive doesn’t impact firing FPS.
I will dive into each option below in some detail to give you more reasons to find out which is the best match for you. Some may be a better fit due to your needs and I hope to provide you information on each which is valuable.
Maddog Tippmann Gryphon FX Starter HPA Paintball Gun Package
When you are searching for a great entry-level paintball marker and package to give you everything you need to play there isn’t a better match.
The new Gryphon marker is lightweight and incorporates numerous premium features, includes:
- Internal Gas Line – Features an internal gas line which gives the marker a clean look
- Redesigned Front Grip – The front features a rigid and ergonomically-designed front grip
- Center Feed – Instead of an off-center feed the Gryphon features a center-feed design to maximize mobility
- High Impact Plastic – Body built to take hits from play without falling apart.
- Blade Trigger – Helps achieve a much smoother trigger pull to help your firing speed.
- Ported Barrel – Features a high performance ported barrel for reduced sound and improved accuracy
- Reliable System From a Legend – The legendary reliability of the Tippmann inline bolt system in a new body frame and loader position to provide a more balanced feel to the marker
Tippmann 98 Custom ACT PS Marker Gun Paintball Set
The Tippman 98 Custom has existed as a series for more than a decade, the Platinum version has been enhanced for even better performance. These upgrades include the ability to upgrade easier and to mod and maintain much simpler and it’s fully compatible with CO2, compressed air, or nitrogen.
New Features For The 98 Custom Platinum ACT Include:
- Split Receiver Design, which provides easier access to internal components for simplified installation of grip upgrades and modifications
- Secure Front Sight Spring and Trigger Pins, which makes the marker easier to service and reassemble
- Easy-to-Remove Power Tube Design with self-sealing/locking gas line secures the valve in place and eliminates two bolts from previous design making maintaining the marker quicker and easier
- Full Depth Pockets for ASA, which eliminates the need to loosen the ASA bolts when disassembling the marker
- New Barrel Porting and a Matte Finish, which improves marker air efficiency and reduces reflective glare
- Picatinny Rails, which makes adding a carry handle, scopes, and other accessories a snap
- Redesigned, Vertical Front Grip, which offers improved stability and added texture for a more secure feel
- Redesigned Sling Mount End Cap, which allows players to easily attach a variety of different sling styles
- There is also a new Quick Thread Flatline Barrel, which attaches as easily as any other barrel to save players significant time and effort.
Tippmann Cronus Paintball Marker Gun -Tactical Edition- Tan Starter Package
One of the best starter markers, especially for someone looking for a marker that doesn’t look like a laser gun! The Cronus, like many in this price bracket, is from Tippmann who dominates this starter tier with amazing options.
Benefits To The Tippmann Cronus Marker Package
- THE BEST CHOICE FOR ENTRY LEVEL PAINTBALLERS – High performance, low maintenance, reliability, and incredible durability make it one of the most popular paintball markers across the globe.
- Built With Hard Play In Mind – Built with the paintballer in mind, the marker’s high-impact, composite construction is extremely lightweight and features molded-rubber grips and an internal gas line for enhanced control and maneuverability.
- Features Rails – Plus four Picatinny rails for fast and easy custom modification.
- Scenario Focused Marker – Built specifically to play into the scenario paintball with a look perfectly on par.
- Starter Package Includes:
- Standard 20 oz. CO2 Tank (Shipped Empty)
- 200 Round Paintball Hopper
- Anti-Fog Paintball Mask
- 4+1 Paintball Harness
- (4) 140 Round Pods
- Jerk Barrel Squeegee
D3FY Conqu3st Semi Auto Paintball Marker Combo Kit
The D3FY Conqu3st marker is the first in this list not from Tippmann, they offer a mechanical marker that is built to last from the abuse of paintball matches. They have sealed the Delrin bolt to eliminate the need to oil and added a clamp to the feedneck to better lock on the loader.
Features of the Conqu3st Marker Package:
- One black conqu3st 68cal paintball marker
- Gen-x global USA made paintball goggles
- 12oz. Co2 tank (ships empty)
- Plastic hopper and barrel plug
- Spare parts kit and owners manual
Extended Budget – Maddog Azodin Blitz 3 Specialist Paintball Gun Package
I know I said $200 above and I tried to stay there for the most part but this marker from Azodin is a nice match for a beginner to use. With the little more expense you get a remote coil and a lighter, faster marker for the field.
Features of the Azodin Blitz 3 Marker Package:
- High-Quality Build – Features a streamlined design with durable construction from lightweight materials. It also includes a new feather regulator.
- Specialist Paintball Gun Package Includes:
- Heavy Duty Remote Coil
- Gun Case
- 20 Oz. CO2 Tank (Shipped Empty)
- Jerk Barrel Squeegee,
- Also Includes:
- Anti-Fog Paintball Mask
- Maddog Deluxe 4+1 Paintball Harness
- (4) 140 Round Pods
- 200 Round Paintball Hopper
- Additional Tweaks To Enhance the Marker:
- Scythe Trigger
- Zen Board
- Mass Flow Valve
- Low-Profile Lock Feedneck
While trying to find yourself the best paintball gun package under 200 dollars that you can you will end up with a fairly small subset of markers. Tippmann is an industry leader within the budget and starter paintball packages and well worth your purchase. Take time to practice at home and learn skills which will help up your game at the field
If you choose to extend your budget the Azodin is an amazing marker that can provide another quality option for play. I know if you should choose any package I listed above it will help move you into your own personal paintball future! I hope to hear back about your enjoyment through our contact us page.