In the game of paintball a hopper can mean the difference between surviving the round and taking out the opposing player or be the reason you were taken out of the game. Your firing speed is greatly limited more by the hopper and its ability to feed paint to your marker then your ability to pull the trigger.
This is why our choice for best hopper for a fast firing marker is the Virtue Spire III Electronic Paintball Loader, click here to open in a new tab and grab it from Amazon today.
|Top||Empire Prophecy Z2 Loader - Matte Black||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top Top||Virtue Spire III Electronic Paintball Loaders/Hoppers - Black||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Dye Rotor Paintball Loader Hopper - Dye Cam||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Dye R2 Electronic Paintball Loader (Carbon)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Virtue Spire Electronic Paintball Loaders/Hoppers (IR Lime/Black)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||HK Army Paintball TFX 2.0 Loader/Electronic Hopper + Epic Speedfeed (White Red)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||HK Army TFX Paintball Loader (Fracture Slime)||Prime||Buy Now|
Best Option: Virtue Spire III
The Virtue Spire III is an all-encompassing upgrade to the design of the original Spire 200 and 260. The Spire III is built on technology that made the original Spire a leading high-end loader in paintball, while simultaneously improving its performance, reliability, and ease-of-use.
The Spire III is built on the proven original Spire design that has won more professional tournaments since its inception than any other loader in the sport of paintball. The Spire III continues with design philosophy that’s Built to Win in delivering a loader that’s Smaller, Lighter, Holds More Paint, Easier, Faster, and Still Never Jams. If you are interested check out our full review on the Virtue Spire III here.
- Hinged Shell Technology | Higher 280 Round Capacity | Faster Jam Proof Feeding
- Dual LED Reload Indicator with Alarm | Brittle Paint Performance | Improved Tool-less Design
- Tool-less Tray Disassembly | 35% Smaller Spire Drive | Shock-mounted G-force Sensor | CPU-Optimized Motor Logic
- Removable, Flexible Spire Drive Fingers | Magnetically Attached Spire Drive | Integrated Backshell Windows
- Smart Spring Ramp Included | Audible Reload Alarm | Smartphone Programming Interface for iPhone iOS & Android
Overall sentiment is that they love the Spire III hopper and especially the tool-less disassembly and application for configuring settings to personalize the hopper to your needs. All appear to have no issues with breakage or rate of fire. Check out Amazon reviews here, opens in a new link.
Take the most technically advanced paintball loader ever made, cover it in camouflage and you’ve got the finest woods ball loader available. The Empire Prophecy Z2 Paintball Loader maintains peak performance by continually monitoring drive force, rate of fire and will automatically clear a jam before you have a chance to miss that perfect shot.
In the blink of an eye, the Prophecy Z2 will have performed more sensor readings to monitor its performance than any other paintball loader ever created. It’s the most advanced, easiest to use feeding system ever designed…period!. Made of super strong-reinforced composites combined with its ultra-lightweight design and low profile, the Z2 will supercharge your game.
- No Tools needed for assembly and disassembly
- Sound Activated force feeding. Infrared sensors provide automatic ball jam clearance.
- Low profile and lightweight
- Redesigned drive carrier for consistent and faster feeding
- Capacity-approximately 200 paintballs
Overall reviews are mixed but those looking for a more budget conscious hopper that will fill their needs have rated it 4-5 stars. Feel free to check the Amazon Reviews by clicking on this link (It opens in a new tab).
Dye LT-R *** BEST VALUE ***
The DYE LT-R was built and designed from the ground up to be a competitive level hopper at an affordable price tag. The LT-R packs the same basic functionality as a Rotor 1 in a platform which provides you only the essentials which is a tough and reliable loader that feeds fast. The DYE LT-R features a simple tool-less design featuring a low profile shell that allows for a 200 ball capacity. The patented spring loaded floor tray makes sure that paint ends up in your gun.
- Provides every style of player a loader that retains the quality performance that’s needed to win at a price tag that’s unmatched.
- Patented DYE loader technology that fuses top-notch functionality with mind-blowing feed rates and reliability. Patented Rotor Force Fed Technology, 30+ balls per second.
- Battery efficient: powered by only 3 AA batteries allowing the hopper to get 80,000+ balls shot count.
- Adjustable feed tension and a built-in anti-jam Sharkfin release trigger makes sure your patented constant feed hopper can handle any paint and condition.
Overall the user reviews are very favorable and that for its price it packs an impressive array of features. Feel free to check the Amazon Reviews by clicking on this link (It opens in a new tab).
Dye Precision R2 *** RUNNER UP ***
The R2 fuses simplicity with mind-blowing feed rates, reliability and the industries first capacity flexibility. Through both professional player input and customer feedback, our engineering team meticulously reconfigured and re-engineered the R2, to pioneer the next advancement in loader technology.
The Rotor R2 includes a revolutionary patent pending highly innovative multi-capacity shell that allows the user to choose between 200 or 260 round capacity on the fly, without the need for additional shells, parts or tools. The Rapid Release patent pending lid is the fastest and most intuitive quick change lid system on the market, allowing for effortless changes between Dye Quickfeeds and Traditional polycarbonate lids.
The R2’s large mouth design opening, is 15% larger than its predecessor and ensures that your loading procedure is quick, efficient and effortless. The R2’s new circuit board logic, provides an industry’s first patent pending Reload Alert System. In addition the new patent pending electronic Dynamic Force Control, insures that your R2 energy drive, spools up to provide initial consistent power regulated feeding, while also providing a gentle power control on paint when needed.
- The World’s First Adjustable Capacity Loader – The R2 includes a revolutionary patent pending highly innovative multi-capacity shell that allows the user to choose between 200 or 260 round capacity without the need for additional shells, parts or tools.
- Patented Rotor Force Fed Technology, feeds 30+ balls per second and lasts for up to 100,000 shoots on 3AA batteries. Unleash the true capabilities of your marker with a loader that never fails to keep up.
- 20% larger mouth design over the R1 makes it easier to load while keeping your eyes on the game. A completely redesigned Quick Feed system makes changing from rain lid to Quick Feed (not included) effortless and accomplished in seconds without any tools.
- New Reload Alert System and low battery indicator – New circuit board logic provides an industry’s first patent pending Reload Alert System. Never worry about playing a game not knowing what life is left in your batteries again, the R2 circuitboard blinks red when its batteries are low so you know exactly when to change them.
- Patent pending Shark Fin Jam release trigger effortlessly gets you back in action in the event of oversized or out-of-round paint.
Overall user opinions are very positive and most rate the hopper at a 4-5 star rating. Most remark about the overall reliability and quality in the build and that they have been able to run it for a year or longer without defects or breakages. Feel free to check the Amazon Reviews by clicking on this link (It opens in a new tab).
2017 Empire Halo Too
The Empire Halo Too is the best performing paintball loader for the money. With a cost that is less than half the price of some top paintball loaders, the outstanding performance of this paintball loader will make this an easy choice for most players. The ultra-quiet belt drive will force-feed 20+ balls-per-second, allowing your marker to throw plenty of paint at your opponent.
The Freeway Anti-Jam keeps the paintball loader from jamming and breaking paintballs, so you’ll still be shooting while others are busy scraping paint. The new, matte black poly-carbonate shell can withstand any hit and can easily fit 180 paintballs. The on-board computer directs the sound-activated feeding and allows you to program the Motor Speed, Microphone Sensitivity and Feed Stack monitoring.
But of course, with a name like Halo, you knew you’d be getting the ultimate in paintball loader technology. Put this loader on your marker and Invert will make a believer out of you Too. The new V2 version comes with the Rip drive kit pre-installed and has an upgraded shell with a tool-less battery door.
- New 2017 Electronic Empire Halo Too Paintball Loader
- Matte Black Polycarbonate Shell Can Withstand Any Hit and Can Easily Fit 180 Paintballs
- Ultra-quiet belt drive will force-feed 20+ balls-per-second
- Rip Drive, Tool-less Battery Door, 1-hour auto Shut-Off, Low Battery Indicator
- Onboard computer directs the sound-activated feeding and allows you to program the Motor Speed, Microphone Sensitivity and Feed Stack monitoring
There are very few reviews but the ones which are available are rated exceedingly well which to me bodes well for this as a quality choice. Feel free to check the Amazon Reviews by clicking on this link (It opens in a new tab).
Virtue Spire IR
Being Built To Win means we stay one step ahead of the game, so you can win yours. With the Spire IR we wanted to see if we could make the best loader in its class at the lowest price. For you guys it also means that low cost no longer gets you bargain performance.
The Spire IR builds on established design and with proven results on the field, making it the most trusted loader in the market. With Intelligent Proactive feeding, the Spire IR will feed even more reliably than the Spire 200/260 without ever pulsing. The Spire series has won more professional tournaments since its inception than any other loader in the sport of paintball.
The Spire IR becomes the best loader any player can buy at this lower price. Packed with features the Spire IR continues with design philosophy that’s Built to Win – Smaller, lighter, easier to use and more reliable than any other loader in its class.
- [Built to Win] – Smaller, lighter, easier to use and more reliable than any other loader in its class
- [Intelligent] – Proactive feeding using improved sensors to give a constant stream of paint
- [Reliable] – Never pulses, never jams | Quiet and efficient | Peace of mind, rain or shine
- [Durable] – Strong nylon back shell designed to endure intense wear and tear
- [Soft on Paint] – Flexible rubber fingers feed even the brittlest paint without breakage
Overall for this mid-range hopper the reviews are excellent with almost 80% of the ratings for 5 stars. Most people remark on how they don’t experience jams and that lids are easy to switch out depending on your needs. People also said that they were happy with the LEDs as they can read and see them even in the direct light. Feel free to check the Amazon Reviews by clicking on this link (It opens in a new tab).
HK Army TFX
HK Army goal is to present you with the best loader experience paintball has to offer; The TFX. Utilizing a unique patented drive system that boasts a consistent feed rate and anti-jam capabilities as well as incorporating innovative features, the TFX performs better and is more reliable than any other loader on the market.
With the perfect synergy of function and style, the TFX can accommodate 216 Rounds with the stock shell. The spring activated lift is designed to elevate and guide paintballs toward the feed system, never leaving a ball behind.
The highly advanced technology is not to be mistaken as complicated. The TFX is completely tool-less; the shell, tray, and Swoop Stack assembly can be disassembled with ease for quick cleaning and easy access to change the 2 AA batteries needed to operate the TFX. We recently did an updated review on the TFX 2 if your interested you can read it on our site here.
- 216 Round Capacity
- Zero Gravity Lift Tray
- Swoop Stack Assembly
Generally the users were very happy with the performance to the cost of the TFX hopper and it provided a great return on investment cost. No issues with jamming or breaking paint which are painful to deal with while on a game day field. Feel free to check the Amazon Reviews by clicking on this link (It opens in a new tab).
Choosing the correct hopper for your marker and play style needs to be an important choice to ensure overall enjoyment. If you choose the cheapest option you will more likely be let down on the field of play and spend more time at the field shack then on the playing fields.
Ensure that the hopper you choose at a minimum is able to feed paintballs fast enough to match your markers ability to fire. This needs to be your primary thought when checking the options available above, this is why I have listed no hoppers which fire slower than 20 bps as most markers can reach this level once out of the beginner tier.
Please share this on your feed if you found it of use as the further the word goes the more people I hope can be talked into this wonderful game!
How To Choose Paintball Marker: Newbies Starter Buyers Guide
This guide focuses on how to choose paintball markers that will take you from newbie to consistent player without breaking the bank.
Trampoline Buyers Guide: Best For Adults In 2020
Choosing the best trampoline to use is a challenge for new owners, with our trampoline buyers guide we cover the choices for adults and things to consider.
What Are The Best Paintball Markers Under 500
Today we cover the best paintball markers under $500 that you can purchase and have delivered for the game this weekend!